Monday, October 4, 2010

UNCAGE COLOR!

On Friday, I took my mom up to Anacortes, WA for a day trip. In the window of the yarn shop was a big sign that said "UNCAGE YOUR COLOR". I love that!!!! That message made me feel happy, hopeful, and eager to do as it suggested!!! Color? Hmmm... I started to notice the colors that are predominant in my day to day life.... driving here and there (or passengering with fifteen year old Andrew!). What did I notice?

GREEN GREEN GREEN

                                                                         GREEN grass

                                                              GREEN moss and grass

EverGREENs everywhere

                                                                    GREEN rhodies 


And then there is GRAY - this is often the color of the sky...for months....
and months

Obviously, there is a need for strategic infiltration of color!
Ahhhhhhhh!

After these observations, I felt inspired to make a "little". A litle quilt measuring 10X10 inches. I stiched a bird cage with the door open of course, embroidered "uncage color" all around the cage. And then added Miss Colorita - a joyfully colorful bird.


 Uncaged Color

While I was thinking about uncaging, why not uncage my inner artist and motivate to open my store on Etsy?! Sooo...drum roll please...four quilts are for sale!!!!!!

                                           kwiltzbystephanie is open on Etsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment