Sunday, February 16, 2014

UDDERLY MOOVELOUS WITH MARY LOU WEIDMAN!

An udderly moovelous time
was had by all
in a class I arranged
at Aunt Mary's Quilt Shop
with a most wonderful group of happy ladies
with creative COWching (coaching)
 from Mary Lou Weidman!

Here's a peek at the herd in progress...

Count of MOOnti Cristo


(Do you ever feel self conscious when asked to be in the photo? 
Doesn't this lady's hand look thin, youthful, and gorgeous? hee-hee)


(and moo for tea)


Moonet


Still deciding but maybe Mooxcicali


Moonster Mash


Part of the vegan moovement



Moosical



I think she said the title was 
Mi Vaca Loco
(look at that creativity!)


The creative process in this class was palpable!
Mary Lou is an expert of getting you to cross over to the creative side!
This lady had no idea, quietly worked all weekend,
made this great cow, and decided to call it
Amoonymous!


When Mary Lou is in the house
I am usually too vexed to think straight
let alone quilt anything.
This time I was able to start
two ideas....

A purple cow from the kid's poem
I Never Saw A Purple Cow
that my mom liked to say to me...


and a herd of chocolate cows 
since my youngest used to think 
chocolate milk
came from chocolate cows!


Here's a cow that I finished before class.
I love to focus 
not
on controlling the weather (life)
but
enjoying 
and seeing the beauty in 
what 
is.


I wonder if anyone caught me dancing this weekend?!



2 comments:

  1. I did, I did. I think I heard the Happy song playing in the background. Great weekend. So inspiring. Thank you Stephanie for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'll bet that room was full of laughter all weekend. Love your "Dancing in Rain" cow with her pink ruffle and iPod. very fun!

    ReplyDelete