Tuesday, March 13, 2012

THIS WEEK"S PROGRESS

Last week's "little" quilt focused on lips.
For some unknown reason when I see lip fabric,
I have to get a fat quarter.


Where I live, woman tend to not wear very much makeup.
In fact, as far as I can tell, most wear no makeup.
Not that I was in to lots of makeup before we moved out here,
but for the last twelve years I have worn nothing but occassional mascara.

Except now.
Lip gloss..fun!
Lip stick...fun!
Lip balm in fun flavors, like Dr. Pepper,...fun!

A fun themed "little" was needed...



but something was missing... 


kisses!
makes all that attention to lips even more fun!
(can you see the great ruby red lip pin? and the lip stick pin?)


My next little (above) used up some scraps from my fat eight pack of Good Fortune
which I am using for my granny squares.
I played for 15 minutes, like Victoria encourages http://bumblebeansinc.blogspot.com/p/15minutesplay.html

I notice that I have tendency to make a background
that is a bit hidden
and then put a
different
more noticeable
layer on top.



These past few days we have had at least ten siskins visiting our thistle sack.
I looked up the meaning of siskins.
Siskins call attention to removal of negative but deeply held issues.
Perhaps my "littles' reflect this idea.


I have started the New York Beauty quilt along.


And am continuing my granny squares.
(not a great pic, sorry, but you get the idea)


What fabric do you collect?

No comments:

Post a Comment