Monday, December 26, 2011

GROWING AND GRIEVING WITH GEESE


Open to hope was my word of 2011 - "hopen"
Without fully grasping it, I now see that I was hoping to be open to the idea that my mom's death at the end of 2010 could go beyond creating deep sorrow and be a phenomenal opportunity for positive growth. 

Strength and courage to make life long changes.

I am learning to allow the grief not hide from it.

Life goes on.

Geese represent the sacredness of the circle of life.

Making a bunch of flying geese, out of Hope Valley fabric has been a great opportunity to grieve and grow!!!




I cut a bunch of these 3 1/2 by 2 1/2 rectangles.


and these 2 1/2 inch squares.


Then I sewed a bunch of these...


trimmed...


and trimmed...


and pressed.


I added...


in a chain...


trimmed...


and pressed again.


Remembering, wallowing, some crying, and lots of creating...my pile grew and grew.


I decided to lay out the geese in a zig zag - ups and downs, but always moving!


I'm not done yet, but wanted to share. 

{My present to myself for Christmas was a recovered chair (thanks Kathy!) in fabulous Denyse Schmidt County Faire fabric!} 

1 comment: