Sunday, October 13, 2013

ONE THING LEADING TO ANOTHER

Isn't it funny how one thing leads to another?
My oldest is taking a botany class...
which has led to an interest in foraging...
which has led to a trip to a mushroom show.
Who knew?
That there are people just as crazy 
for mushrooms as I am for fabric?!


Besides looking at all the different varieties of mushrooms
and their groovy names...


I started to notice their colors...
whites and creams...
reds...


and dark browns...
and even purples!


and how similar they are to my newest finished top...

A FRACTURED QUILT!
from Kathy Doughty's latest book.
I am totally loving this book 
and she has a great blog!







The blocks are simple...


and with each one there was this
wonderful feeling of happy surprise
when it was finished.


I dug through my stash...


trying very hard to focus on contrast...


always thinking...
could I get the zippy zig zag to pop?!



Not only were the zig zags fun,
but the lights were fun to work with too.


This is a favorite!
(The last of that great dotted dot!)


A funfunfun project all they way from start to finish!
Which will  indubitably lead me 
to try a new quilt from Kathy's book!
One thing leading to another again...


Linking up with others enamored with this pattern.



3 comments:

  1. Oh I love your FQ! Neat fabrics; I have that book and need to make about at least 3 in there....but first to my finishes...holding
    my feet to the fire on this!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful fractured!! The colors are sophisticated, and then there's the surprise comical fabrics in there. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Especially love seeing your details. This pattern has so much "energy!"

    ReplyDelete