Wednesday, September 7, 2011

MORE LOVE

Thinking about love
Thinking and thinking and thinking about love
Enjoying reading Lovingkindness by Sharon Salzberg
Turns out that somewhere on this journey I forgot/never learned to love myself (felt I wasn't worthy?)

Sharon quotes Buddha: "You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more desrving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."

All this thinking about love because..."Love for others without the foundation of love for ourselves becomes a loss of boudaries, codependency, and a fruitless search for intimacy. But when we contact, through meditaion, our true nature, we can allow others to also find theirs."

Ahhhhhhhhhh......quilting as a type of a Western beginner's meditation.


Here's my gigantic Freddy heart quilt made with all Freddy Moran fabric - a line called Pure Color that she designed for Quilters Only many years ago. I smile inside and out when I am with this quilt. LOVE IT!

And here's the pillow that I worked on the last two days. BE LOVE in bee fabric (just in case I didn't quite get the message!) from Timeless Treasure bordered with old fabric from my stash along with a few bee buttons and pom poms.
Pom poms are soooo happy!

Quilting therapy...in the warm breezy gift of late summer...in the magically creative space of the treehouse...helping me to focus on love...for me...nice!

3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful inspiring post! I agree that pom poms are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!!! you are on a good journey! You are so full of LOVE.....Bee sew kind to yourself!

    ReplyDelete