Tuesday, January 25, 2011

CELEBRATING READING

self help

fiction with practical

quilting with picture book favorites

When I went to drop off the mini van for overnight service and had to carry five books with me to the rental car in case I had a few minutes tonight while playing chauffer, I knew what I had to celebrate today..."reading". Taken for granted if you can do it, but watching immerging readers, English language learners, and one who hides dyslexia very well, I know that it is not an easy process for many. Luckily, I have great memories of learning to read from the Dick and Jane series in first grade with dear Mrs. Zoll, making many trips to the public library, and spending long quiet afternoons lost in good books. Thankfully my boys enjoy reading too (current reads are Harry Potter, outdoor adventure, and whimisical sci-fi). Share some of your reading favs?

No comments:

Post a Comment